Monday, July 22, 2013

When a police helicopter came to my elementary school for a special presentation, I remembered being utterly enthralled.  It lifted straight up from the playground, then zoomed sidewise and backwards, spun around, danced on the air, and finally landed delicately on the grassy field.

I was hooked.  Since then, one of my great dreams have been to ride in a helicopter.

Today, I danced on the air.  We took off from Turtle Bay Resort in a Magnum PI helicopter, flew over the northeastern part of the island to Sacred Falls, the largest waterfall on Oahu.  Next thing I knew, we were flying over the Ko'Olina Mountains.  Tell me:  Do I look happy?  What you don't see is the "inside me" screaming with joy.






Kahuku Shrimp Farm






 




 Sacred Falls has an 80 ft drop.   





The top of the Ko'Olina Mountains





Arial of Waimea Bay

2 comments: